The Allentown Fair, celebrating its 170th year, is just around the corner.
The fair opens on August 31st and lasts until September 5th – and of course it includes the culinary competitions that take place in the Agri-Plex.
If you’ve been thinking about entering your recipes, you’re running out of time. The closing date for entries is August 1st.
Here is a summary of the competitions and how to enter:
- Filled sandwich biscuits
- BBQ meat
- King Arthur Flour Bundt Cake Contest
- Best bread pudding
- PA Preferred Junior Baking Contest for cookies, brownies and bars
- The Buttered Crumb Great American Shoo-Fly Pie Contest
- Clover Hill Vineyards & Chili Winery
- Bechdolts Orchard Fresh Peach Dessert Contest
- Best No Bake Dessert Contest
- Homemade Chocolate Cake Contest
- Blue Ribbon Apple Pie Contest
The best way to get your registration forms is to visit www.allentownfairpa.org and click on “Contests”. Once there, select the competitions you wish to enter and click the link to receive the form and further rules and instructions.
Info: 610-433-7541 or email: [email protected]
The Allentown Fair returns for its 170th year on August 31st and runs through September 5th – and with it comes the annual culinary competitions at the Agri-Plex.