Sports betting had its biggest day of the year on Sunday and will continue to take center stage as legalization spreads across the country.
Driving the news: Cleveland’s Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, which will host the NBA All-Star Celebration this weekend, was recently announced plans to launch an in-arena betting lounge in partnership with Fubo Sportsbook.
- The lounge does not accept personal bets; Rather, it will offer arena-goers a place to watch games and use Fubo’s mobile betting app once online sportsbook 2023 goes live in Ohio.
- These lounges are popping up at venues across the country Sports betting at the stadiumwhich allow customers to place bets in person.
Game Status: The Caesars Sportsbook at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC was the first in-stadium sportsbook in the United States when it opened last May. Since then, seven more have either opened or been announced.
- DC has three of the eight representing four teams (Wizards, Capitals, Nationals, DC United) and three operators (Caesars, BetMGM, FanDuel).
- State Farm Stadium, home of the Cardinals, will house the NFLs first sports betting in the stadium (BetMGM) when it opens next fall.
- DraftKings is building a sports book in Wrigleyville, right in front of Wrigley Field.
The bottom line: As sports betting emerges from the shadows and into the light, it seeps into every aspect of fandom.