The Oakland Athletics (10-17) will be looking to stage an eight-game losing streak against the Minnesota Twins (17-11) on Sunday with the first pitch at 2:10 p.m. ET at Target Field.
The favored Twins (-180 on the moneyline to win) take on the Athletics (+158) at home. The Twins pass the ball to Chris Paddack (1-2) against the Athletics and Daulton Jefferies (1-4).
These clubs are back in action following the Twins’ 1-0 win over the Athletics yesterday. Griffin Jax (1.2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 2 K) took the win for the Twins. Jorge Polanco went 3-on-4 with a double, a home run and an RBI to lead the team on offense. James Kaprielian (5.2 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 7 K) took the defeat on the mound for athletics.
Prepare for the Twins vs. Athletics game with everything you need to know ahead of Sunday’s game.
Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics odds and betting lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico sports betting. The odds were updated at 8:04 p.m. ET on Saturday. For a complete list of sports betting odds go to access USA TODAY Sportsbook Results Odds Hub.
- Favourite: Gemini (-180, bet $180 to win $100)
- Outsider: Athletics (+158, wager $100 to win $158)
- About Below: 7
Deposit $10 and get $200 INSTANTLY: Get action in this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico sports betting. USA TODAY Network exclusive offer: Deposit $10 and get $200 wagering credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Gemini statistics and trends
Betting records for twins
- This season, the Twins have been favored 17 times, winning 11, or 64.7% of those games.
- Minnesota has played three games favored by -180 or more this season and won each of those games.
- The twins have a 64.3% chance of winning this game based on the implied probability of the money line.
- Games involving Minnesota have exceeded bookmakers’ totals on 11 of 28 odds this season.
- The Twins are 12-16-0 ATS in their 28 games with a spread this season.
Chris Paddack (Probable twin starter)
- The Twins will hand the ball to Paddack (1-2) in his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent start was Monday when he pitched for 5 1/3 innings while giving up a deserved four-hit run in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 26-year-old has a 3.15 ERA this season with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 0.9 walks per nine in four games.
- Paddack will attempt to finish five or more innings for fourth straight start.
- The Athletics have 93 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in the MLB. They hit .200 for the 19 home run campaign, 22nd in the league.
Gemini batting stats
- The Twins have hit 30 home runs this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- Hitters for the Twins this season have a combined slugging percentage of .390, which ranks 10th in the MLB.
- Minnesota ranks 14th in the MLB with a batting average of .236.
- The Twins have 13th-most runs in the league this season with 113 (4.0 per game).
- Minnesota has an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Twins are in 25th place averaging 8.7 strikeouts per game.
Athletics statistics and trends
Athletics betting records
- The Athletics were picked as underdogs in 21 games this year, winning seven times (33.3%) in those games.
- Oakland has a 5-8 rating in competitions where the bookies favor them at +158 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies that the Athletics have a 38.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total on 12 of their 27 occasions.
- Athletics has posted a record of 13-14-0 against the spread this season.
Daulton Jefferies (Probable Athletics Starter)
- Jefferies gets the start for track and field, his sixth of the season. He is 1-4 with a 4.81 ERA and 16 strikeouts over 24 1/3 innings.
- The right-hander last played against the Tampa Bay Rays Tuesday when he pitched five innings and allowed six earned runs while giving up 11 hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed a 4.81 ERA with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season. Opponents hit .276 against him.
- Jefferies has had a quality start to this year.
- Jefferies is going into the game with three outings of five or more innings this season.
- The opposing Twins offense ranks 10th in slugging percentage (.390) and seventh in home runs (30) in all of MLB. They have a .236 collective batting average and are eighth in the league with 213 total hits and 13th in MLB action with 113 runs.
Athletics batting statistics
- The Athletics are 22nd in MLB action with 19 home runs. They average 0.7 per game.
- This season, athletics is beating a .317, the second-lowest average in the league.
- Oakland ranks 29th in the MLB with a .200 batting average.
- The offense for athletics is the No. 23 offense in MLB action, averaging 3.4 runs per game (93 runs overall).
- Oakland is bottom in baseball with a .265 on-base percentage.
- Track and field batters bat 9.6 times per game, the 29th-most in the league.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico sports betting now.
Twins vs Athletics: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Gameday: Sunday 8 May 2022
- playing time: 2:10 p.m. ET
- Stadion: target field
- TV channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live broadcast: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for viewer recommendations on betting services. Tipico has no control over, nor is such revenue in any way dependent on or connected to the newsrooms or reporting. See Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).