The MLB Trade Rumors Free Agent Prediction Contest is still open for entries! Click here to enter your choices for the destinations of our top 50 free agents. Registration deadline is Wednesday, November 16 at 11pm Central Time. Until then, you can edit your selection. More competition information:
- After the selection window closes, we’ll be releasing a public leaderboard page so you can see who wins the competition when players sign to teams. We will use the full names of the participants on it. So if this concerns you, please do not enter the competition. Entries with inappropriate names will be deleted.
- We also collect email addresses which I will use to notify winners.
- If a player signs between now and the end of the competition, that’s a giveaway, but you still have to go in and make the right choice.
- After submitting your selection, you’ll receive an email from Google Forms. In this email you will see a button that allows you to edit your selection.
- We will announce the winners on MLBTR once all 50 free agents have signed. We’ll award $500 to first place, $300 to second place and $100 to third place. We’re also awarding a one-year membership to the Trade Rumors front office to anyone who makes the top 15. Winners must respond to an email within one week.
- The winners of this competition will be announced on opening day 2023 and all non-committed players will be eliminated from the competition.
- Ties in the correct number of picks are broken by summing up the free agent placements of the correct picks and taking the lower total. For example: Tim and Steve each have two correct guesses. Tim gets Aaron Judge (1st place) and Noah Syndergaard (21st place) for a total of 22 points. Steve gets Carlos Rodon (#6) and Jameson Taillon (#14) for a total of 20 points. Steve’s total is lower and he’s ahead of Tim for tiebreak reasons.
If you have any other questions, let us know in the comments section of this post! Otherwise, make your choice now!