KENNESAW, Ga. – Alabama volleyball fell in three sets to the state of Kennesaw in a street game on Tuesday night.
Alabama (5-2) fell back to Kennesaw State (4-2) with identical scores of 25-21 in the first and second sets. The Tide held a late lead at 22:20 in the third game and tried to extend the game, but the owls rallied late to win the set at 25:23 and cap the three-set sweep.
Junior setter Emily Janek led the team with 13 assists and 12 digs, making it their third double-double of the season and ninth of their career. Kennedy Muckelroy and Alyiah Wells both filled a team-leading four blocks and marked a season high for Muckelroy. With 10 excavations, Dru cuck has made double-digit digs in all seven games this season.
Sentence by sentence
- Set 1: Kennesaw State 25, Alabama 21
- Set 2: Kennesaw State 25, Alabama 21
- Set 3: Kennesaw State 25, Alabama 23
- Emily Janeks Double-Double was the third of the season and the ninth of her career
- Kennedy Muckelroy a season high with four blocks and led the team with seven kills
- Dru cuck has made double-digit digs in all seven games this season
Up next – Bobcat Invitational (San Marcos, Texas)
- Friday, September 10, Texas State – 11 a.m. CT
- Saturday, September 11 vs. Miami – 11:30 a.m. CT